Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Friday, 23 February 2018
  12 Replies
  6.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi
I've downloaded and 60 day trial of Kutools for Excel, particularly interested in the Super Filter which seems ideal for a particular project I have.

I have created and saved a Filter Settings Scenario but when trying to reuse it I get a 'Before opening a filter settings scenario, you must open a workbook first' message. (see screen shot). This is with the correct workbook open i.e. the one listed in the 'Apply to' message when opening a scenario. How do I get round this?

Also I notice that the screen shots on your help pages show the sample Filter Scenario as 'Apply to: Unknown', how do you do this, presumably this would mean that any filter can be applied to any workbook?

If I can get this to work consistently will be looking to purchased 2-4 Licenses

Thanks
Peter

MustOpenWorkBook.JPG ApplyToUnknown.JPG
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
The workbook information of this scenario is disappeared.
You need to reconfigure the scenario for this workbook again.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have the same problem as Peter. Jay: you comment below that something has 'disappeared' and that "You need to reconfigure the scenario for this workbook again." However, my problem occurs immediately after a scenario I have just created and saved. Does your comment therefore mean that Super Filter cannot reliably store scenarios?
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Is it the workbook which has been stored in your local machine?
Thanks.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes. I am running Excel 2010 on a standalone PC, Win 7, and all workbooks are stored locally on the C: drive. I cannot say whether the problem occurs with all my workbooks, but it certainly happens with the handful that I have tried.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Can you please send the workbook which can replicate this issue to us? We will keep your file confidentially. :)
You can contact us via .
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It's not a workbook specific problem. It's a bug, I think. This is what happens:

Open Excel > New Sheet > Click the 2nd icon from the left in Super Filter.

A list of Scenarios appears. Click a scenario. "Before opening a filter settings scenario, you must open a workbook first"

Obvious Book1 is open so this message isn't right.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Jay, please can you update me on this? The software is unusable for me until this bug is fixed.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Sorry, we cannot replicate this issue.
Please try to disable all the other add-ins in your Excel add-ins manager first and then try your operation again.
Thanks in advance.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Have the same problem,disabled all add-ins, still shoes the message.  Please assist!
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Same problem. I cannot save a filter scenario that can be reused. I have to create all scenarios from scratch each time I use the same workbook. I can save the scenarios but can't use them. Each time the error message comes up "Before opening a filter settings scenario, you must open a workbook first." This has been an ongoing problem through many upgrades of Kutools and Office 365. Very annoying. I have to recreate complex filtering every time I open and use the same spreadsheet every day. I've tried everything I can think of to get around this problem, it keeps occurring. Recreating spreadsheets, deleting every saved scenario, etc. Sometimes, it will work with a new spreadsheet. But after a couple of saves, the problem occurs and any saved scenarios are unusable and have to be created from scratch. Super Filter does not recognize there is an open workbook while working in an open workbook. 

Thanks for any help on this. 
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have the same issue, help please?
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi everyone who has the same issue,

Please send us the information about your operating system (Which version of Windows operating system am I running?), Kutools version, Excel version and the language you are using on your computer.

Also, please export the Filter Settings scenario you saved as shown below, and zip that scenario and send the zip file to us.
export-senario.png

Thanks in advane.

Amanda
Attachments (1)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.