Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Friday, 22 December 2017
  5 Replies
  7.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
I use Office Tab 13.10 with Office 365 on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

I've noticed a couple of differences between the way Office Tab works in Excel and the way it works in Word.
1. In Excel, the changed file asterisk disappears from a tab as soon as I save the tab's file.
In Word, the tab does not update until I save and click within the body of the tab's file.

2. In Excel I can open a word file from the "Office Favorites" group. It works just as expected.
In Word, when I open the "Office Favorites" group the Excel files I've added show, but when I click on one Excel does not open with the file, or if Excel is already open the file does not open in it.

Both Excel and Word are configured with Identical settings in the "Office Tab Center 2013-16" application. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, and if you have found a fix or workaround to make Excel and Word perform in the same (and intended) manner, would you be kind enough to share it here.

Thanks.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to disable all the other add-ins in your Word add-ins manager.
For the second issue "In Word, when I open the "Office Favorites" group the Excel files I've added show, but when I click on one Excel does not open with the file,"
Please make sure the file does exist.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your reply, Jay.
Issue #1: I'll try disabling unnecessary add-ins, but I have only the default add-ins that are installed with Office 365.
Issue#2: Yes, the Excel file I'm trying to open exists. It's not a problem, of course, since I can open it in any number of other convenient ways, it just intrigues me that the "Office Favorites" work so well opening a Word document from Excel, but not at all when attempting to open an Excel document from Word.

I'll work with it just out of curiosity and let you know if I find a solution on my particular system.

Thanks again.
Bruce
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Have you installed the latest version?
Issue#2: Yes, the Excel file I'm trying to open exists. It's not a problem, of course, since I can open it in any number of other convenient ways, it just intrigues me that the "Office Favorites" work so well opening a Word document from Excel, but not at all when attempting to open an Excel document from Word.
Please try to create a blank new Excel file and save it to "Office Favorites", and then try to open the Excel file from the "Office Favorites" in the Word application.
Thanks in advance.
If this is a duplicate reply, sorry. When I finished with the previous one I noticed my session had expired. I don't know if it was submitted or not.

I have installed the latest version of Office Tab, 13.10.0.0. As a matter of fact, both Office Tab and Office 365 were installed on a new computer within the last week.

Issue #2: I created an empty Excel file, "OfficeFavorites.xlsx" and added it to the Office Favorites group. Then I tried to open it, both with Excel closed and then with Excel open and active. The file did not open in either case.

I am impressed by and appreciate your support on these topics. I hope you don't see them as complaints or have the sense that I devalue Office Tab due to them. On the contrary, I find the application extremely useful, and these issues are only minor anomalies that I find interesting and that I hope you do as well.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
This should be a bug under certain circumstances.
We will try to fix it in next version.
Please try to click on the Excel file twice to open it from the Office Favorite group.
Thanks in advance.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.