Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Monday, 11 September 2017
  9 Replies
  9.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hello
I just installed Office Tab (not yet registered) and I am facing a weird problem.
It does work as expected in Word and Powerpoint, but not in Excel.
In Excel, whenever I open more than 2 files, only the 2 tabs corresponding to the last opened files are shown. All the files are opened (e.g. I can see them all by using View-Tile), but only the last two have are handled by Office Tab.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Thanks!
-----
UPDATE:
The problem seems related to the "not saved" status of the files.
When I open a file (new or existing) its tab immediately gets the asterisk sign. As said, I cannot get more than two tabs shown. If I save the opened files, the asterisk sign goes away as expected and I can open new files, with their corresponding tab shown.
If I modify two of the opened files and wait to save them (so there are 2 tabs with asterisk sign), again if I open a new file only two tabs remain visible and all the others disappear.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
1. Please make sure you have installed the latest version.
2. Please go to check your Excel add-ins manager, and please try to disable all the other add-ins in your Excel add-ins manager to check whether this issue persists.
Untitled.png
Thanks in advance.
Attachments (1)
Hello
The problem is still there also with all other add-ins disabled.
Instead, it does not happen if I launch Excel with an empty document and then use the tabs to open other documents (new or existing).
This is my initial scenario:
- excel icon snapped to taskbar
- launch excel by right clicking on the icon in the taskbar and then selecting an existing file
- open more files using tab
-- > only two tabs visible
So, as a workaround I can launch excel with a blank document by clicking on the icon in the taskbar and then use the tabs to open other files, as many as I want to.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Can you please try to take a screenshot of your Excel add-ins manager?
Screenshots that illustrate the problem - How do I take a screenshot? http://www.take-a-screenshot.org
Please tell us the version informaiton of your Office and computer system.
Thanks in advance.
Hello
I'm attaching the add-in overall status, as you requested. Even in this situation, with all add-in's disabled except OfficeTab and Kutools, the behavior is the same.
However, I have to say that I am not any more able to reproduce the problem, not even following the steps I had indicated in my other reply.
Should the problem appear again, is there any particular action I need to make to collect info, logs, etc.?
Attachments (1)
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
It may be the add-ins conflicting issue.
Since there is no other add-ins on your add-ins manager, and the issue does not persist.
What to you mean by "the add-ins conflicting issue", precisely? That Kutools and OfficeTab cannot be used together?
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
May be there is an add-in which will conflict with the Office Tab.
Most of the cases, it's the add-ins conflicting issue which will cause error / crash in the Office applications.
Is the issue gone after disabling all the other add-ins?
Hello
You possibly did not thoroughly read my previous messages.
The problem is still there even when all other add-in's are disabled (except OfficeTab, which comes from you same way as Kutools, so I expect the two to work seamlessly together).
As I wrote, the problem seems instead related to the way Excel is launched (with a blank file rather than by opening an existing file).
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Do you mean there is no issue to open the Excel when clicking a blank file?
But the issue will persist by clicking an existing file?
If so, please make sure there is no special VBA code in the existing file.
Or please send or attached the existing file for us to test it.
Email:
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.