Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 20 June 2018
  6 Replies
  6.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
My email has been ignored so I have to seek some help here...

I have Office Tabs Enterprise 13.10 (64 bit) running on Office 2016 64-bit / Windows 10 Pro 1703 64-bit.

I am happy with this product so far, except there are two issues:

1. Excel crashes when I try to open a downloaded file or a network file. I have to first disable the Tabs, open that file, save it, and re-enable Tabs. This is kind of tedious when I try to open email attachments.

2. Access shows only a single tab. If I close that tab, Access closes with it. If I open another file, Access fires up another instance of itself with a single tab of the new file, it's like the Tabs were never installed.

With Excel, I'm guessing it probably has something to do with trusted documents? With Access, I have no idea.
Any ways to get around this?
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
With Excel, I'm guessing it probably has something to do with trusted documents? With Access, I have no idea.
We will try to replicate and fix the issue with the downloaded Excel files. For the Access issue, please try to open the files by right-clicking on the tab and choose the open command to open new Access files.
We will try to replicate and fix the issue with the downloaded Excel files. For the Access issue, please try to open the files by right-clicking on the tab and choose the open command to open new Access files.

Thank you.
In Access, I did as you told, opening another file by right-clicking on the tab, and the current tab was simply replaced by the new tab. I close that new tab, and Access closes with it. It just won't accept an additional tab. Excel and Word would still be running if I closed the only tab, but not Access.
Any ideas why?
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Safe mode lets you safely use Excel without encountering certain startup programs. You can open Excel in safe mode by pressing and holding Ctrl while you start the program or by using the "/safe" option (that is, excel.exe /safe) when you start the program from the command line. When you run Excel in safe mode, it bypasses functionality and settings such as alternative startup location, changed toolbars, the xlstart folder, and Excel add-ins. (However, COM add-ins are excluded.)
If your issue is resolved after you run Excel in safe mode, see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
291288 Description of the startup switches for Excel
280504 How to troubleshoot startup problems in Excel 2013
If your issue is not resolved after you start Excel in safe mode
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Microsoft Excel crash may cause damage to the Excel file and also lead to Excel (XLS/XLSX) file corruption.
Such corrupt Excel files can't be opened or accessed via the MS Excel app. If you try to access a corrupt Excel file, MS Excel may fail
to open the file or stop responding and crash. Additionally, you may receive
the error message.

Check this article- https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/fix-crashing-issues-with-excel.php

This article discusses some common Excel crash issues. It also mentions problems related to Microsoft Excel such as Excel is
not responding, Excel hangs or freezes when you open a workbook or launch MS
Excel on your PC. Also, it outlines solutions to help you resolve the Excel
crash issue and other Excel errors.
Just to let you know that I have confirmed that with OfficeTab enabled, Excel WILL crash when I attempt to open any "untrusted" documents, meaning those that are not marked as trusted, not in a trusted local folder, or are in a remote location, like internet or LAN. It IS indeed related to trusted documents. Disable Office Tabs, and everything goes back to normal. Over time, I have tried on my old and newly purchased notebooks, plus my desktop computer, on Office versions 2016 to 2019, with SAME ISSUES. Tried and true.
And since NOBODY'S DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT, and it's well passed my refund period, I have simply decided to just trash Office Tab, with a little episode: I gave it to a colleague of mine, and soon he complained of the SAME ISSUES!
As with the problem with Access, I no longer care.
Subject closed.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Fix 1. Repair Excel installation
Fix 2. Restore with Open and Repair
Fix 3. Disable add-ins in Safe Mode
Hope this information is helpful to you.
Apps4Rent | O365CloudExperts | CloudDesktopOnline
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.