Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Anonymous User
  Wednesday, 11 May 2022
  1 Replies
  5.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
My computer crashed over Xmas. I had to get a new one because an electrical surge earlier in the year caused a small unknown problem that became a big known problem. I had all the backups. I had some issues between IMAP and POP mail that I resolved by going POP so I could combine all my email addresses into one PST file on drive not "C" as I had before the crash.
For a few months while I was restoring all the other non-MSFT software, I had several email files for each email address I have. That created many duplicates. I was able to remove most of the duplicates using PST Tools. Its toolset could not filter many duplicate emails; however.
So, I bought the tool that ExtendOffice had via a link to 4Team that removed quite a few.

I imported all my standard built-in Outlook rules that send emails to specific folders. The other day I imported the ExtendOffice rules that find junk emails. Because it took so long to rebuild my computer (tax season and more), I have 6,000 emails (according to the folder count) to filter for junk. It runs VERY, VERY SLOWLY.

Why? Other than trying to avoid such a conglomeration of emails, can the junk filter run faster?

BTW: What is the syntax for tags on this site?
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. We are always seeking a solution to run the junk filter faster. However if you have large amounts of emails, it will take some certain time to filter with the current version.

Once we had a solution, we will include that in the future versions.

Thanks for your feedback.

Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.